Day 4 problem: WLAN-name disappears of the WLAN-list | connection error

Foren Adventskalender 2016 Day 4 problem: WLAN-name disappears of the WLAN-list | connection error

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    TychoNano
    Teilnehmer

On day 3 I successfully uploaded the program and changed my wifi accesspoint name
    nanoesp.configWifi(ACCESSPOINT, “MyNanoESP”, “MyPassword”);
    And I was able to connect to it, using the specified password. Serial monitor gave successful result.

On day 4 I opened the program and modified the WLAN-name and password in the defines to the new values. But when I upload the program to the board, the D3 led goes on (that’s good), but the serial monitor gives (eventually) „Error, no connection“. Also the WLAN-name is not visible anymore in the available WLAN list (and before uploading it sure was visible).

I have tried this on two computers, both with the same result.
    In summary: when I upload the program of day 3, I see the WLAN-name of my NanoESP in the WLAN-list. Then when I upload the program of day 4, the WLAN-name disappears of the WLAN-list.
    Does anyone have this problem also? Anyone have a clue how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Kacki
    Teilnehmer

Well, this is not a problem or an issue, but this is the goal – what did you expect?!

On day 3 you use the NanoESP as an AP, i.e. your ESP is „a router“.
    On day 4, your NanoESP is working as a WLAN Client that should connect to your existing local WLAN Network you provide e.g. via Fritzbox or an equivalent router.

These 2 network modes are totally different and I guess that is the intention of the 2 excercises.
    You shoud read carefully the text ;-)

TychoNano
    Teilnehmer

Kacki,

You’ve been a great help. I get „WLAN connected“ now. I thought I had to use the name/password combination I’ve entered on day 3, but I should use the name/password of my own local WLAN. Of course!
    Note that I’m using the Dutch translation, and the text is not always really clear…
    Many thanks for your help!

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.